Try this sweet Irish classic dessert. It's the perfect dessert to finish off a satisfying meal. Makes 6.
- 1 1/2 lbs Apples, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Slice Apples and place in saucepan.
- Add water and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until Apples are soft.
- Transfer Apples in a blender, add Sugar and mix into a puree.
- Set aside to cool. Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into the Apple mixture.
- Divide and place into serving bowls and chill in the fridge.
- Top with whipped cream, brown sugar and crumbled vanilla wafer cookies just before serving.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.