- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup flour (Wheat, Rye, Buckwheat or rice)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 small Apples, tart or crisp, cored and finely sliced or diced
- 1 cup milk, low-fat or skim
- 2 tbsp milk (only if you add flax seed)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine all wet ingredients except egg whites, including the Apple.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring only until barely mixed.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites. Keep on folding until no large chunks of egg whites can be seen.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until a drop of water skitters on it.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray, or wipe on a little oil with a paper towel.
- Scoop out large spoonfuls of batter and instantly spread slightly on the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat to give Apples a chance to cook through.
- When browned, turn and brown other side.
- Serve with syrup and/or butter, or for a healthier dish, with applesauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.