Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup raisins, soaked in warm water
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Butter a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Blend together flour, spices, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together baking soda and 1 tablespoon warm water, then mix into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture, diced apples, and strained raisins until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- Once cool, turn onto plate, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.