Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 (1-cup) servings plus ⅔ cup of vinaigrette
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp dried cherries
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp snipped fresh thyme or ½ tsp crushed dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
Apple spinach salad
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, apple, onion, and cherries.
- Shake Thyme-Dijon vinaigrette; drizzle onto salad.
- Toss to coat.
- If desired, top each serving with cheese.
- In a screw-top jar combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Cover and shake well to mix.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Make-ahead directions: Prepare the vinaigrette as directed. Cover and chill for up to 1 week. Serve the leftover vinaigrette with a tossed vegetable salad.
- 93 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 96mg Sodium | 11g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 0mg Cholesterol1g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 Vegetable | ½ fruit
- Carb Choices: ½
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.