In Romanian: Strudel cu mere
- 2 lbs / 1 kg apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- shortening for greasing the pan and the dough
- confectioner's sugar
- Peel the apples, grate on the vegetable grater or slice very thinly.
- On the table there is the strudel dough ready to be used.
- Moisten with melted butter or lard.
- Arrange the apples at one end (long end), sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, cover with the edge of the dough and roll like a jelly roll using the table cloth as an aid.
- You get a long roll which you can cut in 2 or 3, depending on the size of your baking pan.
- Arrange in the greased pan, roll next to roll, with a little distance among them.
- Grease the tops with melted butter or lard. Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into serving size portions while still in the pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.