- 4 – 5 winesap apples
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk
- ⅔ cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup melted dairy sour cream or yogurt
- Pare, core and slice apples to measure 4 cups; reserve 8 or 9 slices.
- Toss remaining apples with sugar and dry milk; turn into 1½ quart baking dish.
- Arrange reserved slices on top.
- Cover with foil; bake at 375 °F for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients except sour cream or yogurt; mix well.
- Uncover apples and sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 18 – 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with sour cream or yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.