- 4 TBS butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, cut evenly in crescent slices
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and beat.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat thoroughly.
- Stir apples into batter which will be thick and hard to stir. Turn into a buttered 9 inch pie pan and spread smooth.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour. Cool and cut into wedges. Very delicious when served with vanilla ice cream.
- Apple Torte by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.