Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 slices firm-textured white bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cold 2-percent low-fat milk
- ½ cups thawed frozen egg substitute
- prepared box of sugar-free vanilla pudding and pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly brush bread slices with margarine; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place in shallow 1½-quart baking dish.
- Add apples and walnuts; toss lightly.
- Pour milk, egg substitute and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
- Beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add pudding mix and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; whisk until well blended.
- Pour over bread mixture; sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 130 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Carbohydrate: 17g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 190mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.