Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cup whole Wheat bread
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 cup Apple
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp fresh lemon peel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 egg white
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and apple juice and toss.
- Add Apples, Raisins, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg to bread cubes.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add Sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into bread-Apple mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 1 ½ or 2-quart casserole.
- Set in a pan of water and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top and Apples are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.