This is sinfully delicious. A couple tablespoons of brandy couldn't hurt it either!
- 4 eggs
- 1 lbs creamed cottage cheese
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt, optional
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup green apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dark raisins
- ½ lbs medium-width egg noodles slightly undercooked and drained (4 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, blanched
- In large bowl beat eggs with cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Stir in apples, raisins, and noodles until well mixed.
- Pour into buttered 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- In small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in cornflake crumbs and almonds.
- Spoon over noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F oven 40 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and garnish with ground nutmeg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.