- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- dry sugar substitute equal to ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1½ cups unsweetened applesauce, hot
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- Place flour, sugar, dry sugar substitute, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in mixer bowl and mix a low speed to blend well.
- Combine hot applesauce and baking soda ( don"t try to be modern and use cold applesauce and mix with baking soda with the flour; it doesn't work as well that way), and add, along with oil, walnuts and raisins, to flour mixture.
- Mix at medium speed until flour is moistened and batter in creamy.
- Spread batter evenly in a 9" by 13" cake pan that has been sprayed with pan spray or greased well with margarine.
- Bake at 375 °F for 20 to 25 minutes, or till bars pull away from the sides of the pan and a cake tester comes out clean from the center.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut three by six.
Food exchange per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange
- cho: 17g | pro: 2g | fat: 5g | cal: 122
- low-sodium diets: recipe is suitable written.