- 1¼ cup oat bran cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 370 °F.
- Coat 12 medium-size cups with vegetable oil or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl combine oat bran cereal, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In large bowl combine applesauce, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Fill prepared muffin cup almost full.
- Bake 15–20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Food exchanges per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange + ½ fruit exchange.
- Cho: 23g | pro: 3g | fat: 7g | cal: 159 | low-sodium diets: omit salt.