- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 c. rhubarb, chopped
- Sugar or cinnamon
- In large bowl, mix together flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in center, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, stir in brown sugar, applesauce and oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir until just moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with Sugar or cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.