Makes 16 pieces 2"x2"
- 2 cup flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup wheat germ 
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- ½ cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in apple sauce, raisins and orange rind.
- Combine orange juice, egg and vegetable oil, add to batter, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into lightly oiled 8 inch square cake pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 °F or until cake tests done.
1 serving contains:
- 136 calories 1 starchy foods choice 1 fruits and veg. Choice 1 tbsp whipped cream contains 45 cal and is equal to 1 fats and oils choice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.