- 1/2 CUP vegetable shortening
- 1 CUP Sugar
- 1 1/2 CUPS applesauce
- 1 1/2 TSP. baking soda
- 1 TSP. vanilla
- 2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE flour
- 1/2 TSP. baking powder
- 1/4 TSP. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. cream together shortening and Sugar.
- Add combined applesauce, soda and vanilla.
- Do not be concerned if mixture separates.
- It will blend as ingredients are added.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and turn into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.