- ½ cup chopped or minced onion, red
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch squares
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 12-ounce can apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- ¼ cup catsup or (1 cup tomato sauce)
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 1 ¼ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 12 ounces cooked ham, cut into ¾-inch cubes (2½ cups)
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender but not brown. Blend in flour.
- Add apricot nectar, mustard, vinegar, catsup or tomato sauce, preserves, and pepper.
- Cook, while stirring, until thick and smooth.
- Place the ham in the grill, brush with the newly-made barbecue sauce, and grill 2-8 minutes per side to heat through. Lightly baste with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Serve over fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.