A combination of fresh and dried fruits and fruit juice is cooked and thickened to jam consistency.
Makes 4 half pints.
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, included with the syrup
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to the juice to equal 1½ cups liquid.
- Combine pineapple juice mixture, dried apricots, unsweetened pineapple juice and raisins.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into blender container. Add crushed pineapple and ground ginger.
- Cover and blend until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Ladle mixture into hot clean jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.