A juicy combination of real fruits and fruit juice is cooked and thickened to red-hot perfection and is absolutely great with bread, pancakes, or other desserts, as it delivers a fresh, oozing aroma that it enhances with the raisins.
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, included with the syrup
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to the juice to equal 1½ cups liquid. Combine pineapple juice mixture, dried apricots, unsweetened pineapple juice and light raisins.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour mixture into blender container. Add crushed pineapple and ground ginger.
- Cover and blend until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Ladle mixture into hot clean jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Use as a dip. Reserve the remaining fruit-based jam in the refrigerator.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.