- 2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp pareve margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2.5 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ¼" thick
- 2 large carrots, pared and sliced
- 1/8 cup pitted prunes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Combine nectar, broth, margarine, apricots, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon and pepper into a large saucepan and heat until margarine melts.
- Add sweet potatoes and carrots; bring to a boil.
- Cover, cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and carrots to prepared dish.
- Add prunes.
- Pour juices from pot over, press firmly to compact.
- Cover with heavy foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown on top, about 55 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
Per serving: 358 cal; 5g pro, 74g carb, 6g fat (15%), 7.6g fiber, .1 mg chol, 431 mg sod exchanges: .5 veg, 1.2 fruit, 3.3 bread, .1 meat, 1.3 fat