An easy one-dish stew. Can be made ahead and frozen.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, large cubes
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 14 ounces canned apricot halves, with juice - processed in blender
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place stew meat in 3- quart casserole dish. Sprinkle onion over top.
- Bake, uncovered, in 400 °F oven for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 °F.
- Add remaining 9 ingredients. Stir. Cover.
- Bake for 2½ to 3 hours until very tender.
- Note: the apricot flavor is mild but noticeable.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.