- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- zest of lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 4 cans (15-ounce) apricot halves
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp blue cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Combine flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
- Add butter and mix together with fingertips or pastry cutter.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a soft dough is formed.
- Press along bottom and three quarters up the side of a spring-form pan.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 °F.
- Drain apricot halves and puree in blender.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apricot puree and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended (mixture will remain slightly lumpy).
- Pour filling into prepared crust and bake for 1½ hours or until custard is set and top is golden.
- Best if served at room temperature.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Prepared pie crust may be substituted.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.