This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Marcello Estate in Denton, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 eggs separated
- ¾ cup milk
- 17 ounce package pound cake mix
- 30 ounce can apricot halves drained
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat together 2 yolks and milk then add ½ cup to pound cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium low speed of electric mixer.
- Add remaining milk mixture then beat 2 minutes at medium low speed.
- Reserve 8 apricots.
- Add remaining drained apricots to batter and mix until fairly broken up.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a greased rectangular baking pan.
- Combine next 4 ingredients and reserve ½ cup.
- Stir remaining egg yolk into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls over cake batter then run spatula through batter for marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated 325 °F oven for 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- At serving time cut cake into squares.
- Serve topped with reserved cream cheese mixture and reserved sliced apricots.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.