Makes 8 servings.
- 8 broiler-fryer quarters (about 5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- Sprinkle Chicken with pepper.
- Place in greased baking dish, cover, and bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Onion and garlic in butter in large skillet until tender.
- Add orange juice, preserves, catsup, soy sauce and mustard. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon about half of sauce over Chicken.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes longer.
- Spoon remaining sauce over Chicken.
- Sprinkle with green pepper; bake 20 minutes longer.
- Serve Chicken and sauce with hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.