Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced and cooked
- 2/3 cup Sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine apricots, 1/3 cup Sugar and brandy. Marinate about 1 hour.
- Cook rice, 1-1/2 cups milk and 1/3 cup Sugar until thick and creamy.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir into hot rice.
- Blend eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk; add salt.
- Stir into rice; cook over low heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream, apricots and marinade. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with nuts.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.