In Romanian: Tort de caise
- 12 oz/350 g flour
- 4 oz/100 g butter or margarine
- 4 oz/100 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- grated lemon peel
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the butter with the Sugar, then with egg.
- Add the sour cream, vinegar, vanilla, lemon peel and mix well.
- Add the flour and knead a dough which you then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- (The dough can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight.)
- Divide the dough in two and roll each part into a round sheet.
- Grease the cake pan, lay the first sheet in and bake.
- When the dough has risen and has started to become a little crusty, lay the apricot halves, sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons Sugar and cover with the second sheet.
- Place again in the oven, at medium heat and bake until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan, then turn onto a plate and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- (You may use sour cherries instead of apricots.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.