Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal™.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 1 cup (16 one-tablespoon servings).
- 1 (12-ounce) can apricot nectar (1½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 packets Equal™ sweetener or ¾ teaspoon Equal™ for Recipes
- In a saucepan combine apricot nectar, cornstarch, mustard, lemon peel and juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly; cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Equal™.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast.
- Calories: 17 | Protein: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 9 mg.
- Food Exchanges: Free Food.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.