- ½ cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 (12 ounces) jar apricot preserves
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups flour
- beaten eggs
- cinnamon sugar
- finely chopped walnuts
- preheat oven to 350 °F; line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook the chopped apricotsand preserves until melted and apricots are soft.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butterand flour into a stiff dough.
- Divide into 2 equal disks, wrap in plastic and chill.
- When dough is thoroughly chilled, cut each disk into 4 sections.
- Roll each section into a thin round, and cut into 4 or 6 wedges.
- Place approximately 1 tsp of preserve mixture on outer edge (wide, rounded side) of rolled dough.
- Moisten point of dough with a little water.
- Roll dough over the preserves, tucking in the sides and continue to roll to the point.
- Continue this with each section of dough.
- Place each cookie on parchment-lined cookie sheet; brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or chopped nuts.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.