- Plain Flour - 150 g (5 oz),
- Ground Rice - 25 g (1 oz),
- Butter - 65 g (2 oz),
- Almond Essence - tsp,
- Milk - 175 ml (6 fl oz),
- eggs - 2 beaten,
- Caster Sugar - 65 g (2 oz),
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp,
- Apricots in Juice - 1 227 g (8 oz) can,
- Apricot Brandy - 1-2 tbsp optional,
- icing sugar - to dust,
- Cream - to serve.
- Sieve 75 g (3 oz) flour into a Bowl and Stir in the ground rice.
- Rub in 50 g (2 oz) butter until the mixture resembles Bread Crumbs.
- Stir in the Almond Essence and enough milk to make a pastry dough.
- Roll out on a floured work surface and use to line an 18 cm (7 inch) flan ring.
- Bake blind at 190C / 375F / Gas 5 for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and 50 g (2 oz) Sugar over a bowl of hot water until thick and Creamy.
- Fold in the remaining flour. Melt the remaining butter and gently fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the sponge mixture into the baked flan case.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes until risen and golden. Cool.
- Blend the cornflour with the remaining Sugar and milk in a Saucepan.
- Heat gently, bring to a boil stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
- Cook for a minute.
- Drain and purée the Apricots with a little juice and stir into the cornflour sauce with the Brandy. Cool.
- Slice the top off the sponge. Pour the sauce into the sponge. Replace top and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.