Makes 4 servings.
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped apricots
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons plumped raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Cook onion and celery in butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Combine rice, walnuts, apricots, pine nuts, raisins, parsley, thyme, sage, salt, pepper and broth in large bowl; turn into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 °F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stuffing may be baked inside poultry.