- Cooking time: 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 10 fresh artichokes
- ½ lb. ground lean veal meat
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper and cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- Take out all the thick leaves around the artichoke.
- Cut the top horizontally.
- Cut the base, too.
- With a tablespoon remove the hairy center, making a well in the center.
- Do the same thing with the rest, putting them in a pan filled with water and ¼ cup lemon juice when you finish each one, in order to preserve its color.
- With one tablespoon butter, stir the meat, onions and pine nuts till brown.
- Add the seasoning.
- Fry the drained artichoke with 5 tablespoons vegetable oil till slightly brown.
- Arrange in pan, pour in it a cup of water and ¼ cup lemon juice.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven for 30 minutes till they are tender.
- Serve with Aroz Mofalfal and green mixed salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.