Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 cups corn flour for arepas
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cup grated white cheese
- 3 cup cool water (or more if needed)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and white cheese.
- stir in water to make a firm dough.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 30 pieces and form each piece into a ball.
- Flatten the ball slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Oil a griddle very lightly and warm it over medium heat.
- Cook the arepas on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the arepas to a baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.