- 2 cups corn flour for arepas
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup grated white cheese
- 2 cup cool water (or more if needed)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and white cheese.
- stir in water to make a firm dough.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and form each piece into a ball.
- Flatten the ball slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Oil a griddle very lightly and warm it over medium heat.
- Cook the arepas on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the arepas to a baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.