- 1 recipe basic arepa dough
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1 small green chile -- chopped
- 2 large tomatoes peel, seed, chop
- ½ tsp achiote powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 pimento-stuffed sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat,
- Add meat, onions, garlic, green chile, tomato, achiote powder, cumin, thyme, black pepper and salt
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Stir in and capers.
- Form arepas dough into small disks.
- Place spoonful of filling on each dough disk.
- Wrap dough around to seal
- Fry arepas until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.