- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar or equivalent substitute such as Equal or Splenda
- Enough frying oil
- Melt the Cheese and margarine in the milk at medium or medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the Cheese and margarine have melted.
- Add the egg and whisk into the mix.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in (B). Slowly add them to the mix, whisking frequently to avoid lumping.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool, or refrigerate until the next day.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Use a ladle to measure out enough mixture to form flour patties, which can be anywhere from three to six inches in diameter and about as thick as a loaf of sandwich bread.
- Fry in a deep skillet with enough oil to assure even cooking on both sides. Remove when color is a light golden tan. Serve while still warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.