Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2/3 cup nuts (I'd personally use almonds or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons chilled soymarg, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 6 medium), peeled, quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup soy sour cream *or* 1 container of plain soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 prepared pie crust
- For streusel: Combine nuts, brown sugar, cornmeal, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in processor. Using on/off turns, process until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add soymarg and process until small moist clumps form.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- For filling: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 °F.
- Toss Apples with sour cream or yogurt in large bowl to coat.
- Mix Sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over Apples and toss to coat.
- Transfer filling to prepared crust. Sprinkle streusel over Apples, covering completely.
- Bake pie until Apples are tender and streusel is golden, tenting pie with foil if streusel browns too quickly, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool slightly.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.