- 1 egg, separated
- ½ cup skim milk (or less)
- 1 pack gelatin (envelope)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Equal (nutrasweet)
- 1½ cup cottage cheese (lumpy stuff)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp lite Cool Whip (frozen non-dairy topping like whipped cream)
- ready-made graham cracker crust (optional)
- Take cottage cheese and cream in blender until very smooth.
- Set aside.
- Put egg yolk in top of double boiler beat well and add milk.
- Add gelatin and salt.
- Cook over boiling water until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat, add sugar substitute.
- Add cottage cheese, lemon juice and vanilla to cooled mixture.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Fold egg white and Cool Whip together into mixture.
- Pour into graham crust or pour into pie plate and top with crumb topping.
without topping or crust:
- Calories 442 (whole pie!)
with Keebler graham crust:
- Calories 1402 (per serving: 175 | 7g fat)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.