Purchased from Rosenthal Estate in Amarillo, Texas in 1992. Notation on card indicates this recipe came from a 1940’s Metropolitan cookbook. Exact date unknown
- 1 small white Onion, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium Eggplant, peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 1 large cans tomatoes
- 1-teaspoon salt
- ½ cup tart French dressing
- Separate Onion into rings.
- Fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- Add green beans, Eggplant and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add salt.
- Cook until beans are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Add French dressing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.