Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Armenian coffee
- 3 lumps Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom
- Measure one demi-tasse cup of water for each cup desired into the "Imrik", and heat it until it is lukewarm.
- Add one heaped teaspoon of Armenian coffee and one teaspoon sugar for each cup, and stir it. Amounts may vary according to taste.
- As the mixture begins to boil, a thick foam should form. Stir it once or twice. As the foam begins to rise, take the pot off the heat, so that the foam will sink down.
- Put it on again; a moment later the foam will rise again. Do this three times so that the coffee grains are well cooked. Now it is ready to serve.
- Pour a little foam in all of the cups first, then pour the remainder of coffee, filling to the brim.
- Add the cardamom with the coffee grinds in order to make it properly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.