- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 ½ to 5 cups flour (perhaps a little more)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 heaping Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup warm milk
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, until blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and milk. Mix until blended.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition until a dough forms. At this point, gently work dough with your hands on a lightly floured surface. If the dough is too sticky, you might need to add a little more flour.
- Pinch off about a walnut-size piece of dough and roll it into a 6 inch rope. Shape into a circle (doughnut-shape) with lightly floured hands by pressing rope ends together. Continue this process until all dough is used.
- Place cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on bottom rack in the oven. Bake in a preheated 375 °F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.