This fried dough dessert resembles doughnuts.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt - pinch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- flour - enough for soft dough
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add yolks and beat well.
- Add salt, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Let stand 1 hour covered. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Roll out each ball as thin as possible.
- Cut into strips 1-inch wide.
- Melt 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup shortening in deep pan.
- When the oil and shortening is melted and hot, roll the 1-inch strips of dough on a fork and place in the oil. Continue curling the strips as you go along.
- Cook to a light brown color and put on paper towels to drain.
- Boil all syrup ingredients together in a heavy pan for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour over finished dessert of dough curls.
- May sprinkle with powdered sugar rather than topping with syrup
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.