- 8 king prawns
- 3 hot bird chile / red chile - crushed
- 5 cherry tomato - cut in half
- 5 pieces lemon grass - sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves - torn
- 5 pieces galangal - sliced
- 5 straw mushroom - halves cut
- 5 shallots - crushed
- 2 stalks coriander - chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion - sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soybean oil
- 8 cups prawn stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Clean the prawns, shell and de-vein, keep heads and shells aside
- To make the stock and paste, heat up the soup pot and add oil and one fifth of the herbs
- Fry the prawn heads and shells
- Add 1 litre of water let it boil for 10 minutes, strain to get 8 cups of stock
- Blend the rest into a fine paste.
- Bring the stock to a boil, add prawns and the rest of herb ingredients to a boil for a few minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt, fish sauce, sugar and a spoon of the prepared paste
- Boil for 3 more minutes.
- As a final touch, garnish with spring onion and coriander sprigs
- Serve the soup hot to maximize the aroma, flavor and taste. Please note: amount of chilies can decreased if you don't like the soup too spicy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.