Makes 8 servings.
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups cooked aromatic rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine mangos, Sugar, red wine, vinegar, green pepper, ginger and cloves in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine rice, celery, lemon juice, onions, orange peel, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup rice salad onto serving plate.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons chutney.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.