Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- ¾ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound large shell pasta
- ½ cup shredded ricotta salata
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 min.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the skillet and add the chicken and cook 7 min. or until cooked through.
- Season the chicken and mushrooms with ¼ tsp salt.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms to a plate and reserve.
- Add the remaining oil and cook garlic 1 min.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and remaining salt.
- Cook 2 min.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and heat through.
- Prepare pasta following package directions.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss.
- Serve immediately with ricotta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.