- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes (1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- salt to taste
- Wash rice, drain and set aside in a colander.
- Combine chopped Onion, garlic and tomatoes in a food processor and process to a smooth purée.
- Add cold chicken stock. Strain.
- Heat the corn oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and sauté the rice until it starts to turn golden, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in the onion-tomato-chicken stock mixture.
- Bring to a simmer, cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.