- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, celery, sweet red peppers, finely chopped, and green peas)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan and add rice.
- Saute lightly until rice has absorbed the oil, being careful not to let it color.
- Add mixed vegetables, salt, pepper, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.