Arroz a la jardinera
- 1 medium sized Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anniato oil (Achiote)
- 3 or 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful of string beans, diced
- 1 or 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 lb uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Saute the Onion, pepper and garlic on the olive oil.
- Add the water and cooking oil. Bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered until the water evaporates.
- Blend with a ladle, moving the rice from the bottom to the top and viceversa.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender. Do not overcook.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.