This dessert is delicious with Spanish dessert wines.
- 1 liter milk
- 200 grams of short round arborio rice (or paella rice / risotto rice)
- 100 grams of sugar (white or brown, depending on preference)
- 250 ml water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- grated zest of one lemon
- ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick (for boiling)
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Place the water, rice, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, salt and sugar in a saucepan or pot and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, lower heat, cover and let simmer until the water is nearly all absorbed (keep checking every minute, so as not to burn).
- Add the milk when most of the water has absorbed and continue cooking until the rice is extra tender and “bloated”.
- Stir and the texture should be creamy.
- Add a splash more milk if necessary (whole fat).
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve the arroz con leche warm (or chilled), and garnish with cinnamon powder on top and cinnamon sticks on the side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.