- 4 cups of evaporated milk
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of long-grain rice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Put the remaining 4 cups of water in an iron pot, add the cloves, the cinnamon sticks and the salt.
- Bring to a boil and then add the rice.
- Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- Adjust the water if necessary and when the rice is tender add the milk and half the sugar.
- When it breaks a boil add the raisins and the remaining sugar.
- When it reaches the pudding-like consistency turn off the heat and pour immediately into small bowls or ice cream glasses.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg on top and let cool.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.