Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- ½ cup of water
- 2 sticks of cinnamon cracked
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 6 cup of milk
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, in a large cooking pot, add the water, 4 cups of milk, uncooked rice, cinnamon, evaporated milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Once on the stove, bring the liquid to a boil.
- Boil for about 5 minutes. Then, add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add a little water to the milk can and empty its contents into the pot, by this time the liquid should be simmering, on low heat.
- The milk should just barely simmer, with bubbles breaking only the outside edge of the surface.
- As the liquid begins to reduce, add the remaining milk in small increments as you continue to stir.
- As you add the milk stir the mixture so that it cooks evenly.
- Continue to stir intermittently, until the liquid has become a gooy paste.
- Then add raisins and cook for an additional 10 minutes on. Total cooking time 1:15 minutes.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.