- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- about a cup of Crisco
- 1 lb pork cut in small pieces
- 1 can pimentos (sliced)
- 4 chorizo sausages
- ½ bottle stuffed olives
- 28 oz can tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups rice
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp saffron 
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 can peas
- Brown chicken and pork in Crisco.
- Add sausages and cook (I take out some of the grease before adding the rest of the ingredients).
- Then add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, onions, garlic, bay leaves, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and add rice.
- Cook on medium high until liquid is absorbed.
- Then cover tightly and steam until rice is done.
- When serving, add can of heated peas and pimientos over the top.
- Arrange chicken around the sides (or remove chicken from bones and add to rice)
- Parsley may also be used to decorate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.