Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) dry pinto beans
- 1 pound boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 12-ounce jar green chile salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups very hot cooked rice
- Rinse beans.
- Soak overnight in 4 cups water, or bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain; set aside.
- Cook meat and vegetables in oil in large skillet until meat is well browned.
- Stir in salsa, beans, salt and water; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until Beef and beans are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with a mound of fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.